Skip to main content

Memorable Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing time through on the southwest trip with fabulous teachers and friends for one week.  I went to so many special places such as the Grand Canyon. I really wanted to go there and I was able to have a various experiences at the Grand Canyon. In addition, I ate a ton of southwest food and spicy food during this trip. This trip was most memorable for me for three reason for that.

Amazing Grand Canyon
First, I had many most amazing memories at the Grand Canyon. I really wanted to go to  the Grand Canyon, so my dreams came true. We went to the Mather point at first. That was my first time to see the Grand Canyon. I was really surprised and impressed. It was like a picture, so I was really confused when I was saw that. Then I went to the next point to see the sunset. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous. I was really impressed. The next day, I woke up early. I went to Yaki point to see the sunrise with teachers. That day was really cold and windy, so when I was seeing the sunrise I was really freezing. However I was able to see the totally gorgeous sunrise view. I was impressed again. Then I rode a bicycle at the Grand Canyon with my friends. That was really a good experience for us, so we were excited. When we were riding a bicycle, we could see a beautiful view and we felt such a so good wind of the Grand Canyon. I had a totally memorable time in the Grand canyon. I want to go the Grand Canyon again before I die.

Pueblo burger
Second, the food on the Southwest trip was totally amazing. We often asked shop staff about recommended restaurants. We know that shop staff know where  good restaurants are, so we always tried to find a good restaurant. Thanks to them, we were able to get a good meals every time, especially pueblo burger. I ate a pueblo burger, when we are in Albuquerque. That was my first time to eat a Pueblo burger. It was a little different from an ordinary hamburger to Pueblo burger. The different day, I ate a Enchilada in Santa Fe. I didn't know that food. This was really spicy. I don't like spicy food, so when I was eating this, my face turned to red. However it was really tasty. Then I often ate a taco in various places. Tacos are really famous in southwest. Almost all restaurant has a taco menu, so it was hard to decide a meal. My favorite taco was the taco that I ate in Santa Fe. That was really big, so it was hard to eat everything. However I enjoyed Southwest foods with my friends. I want to eat these food of Southwest again.
Adobe building

Third, I was able to see some amazing southwest buildings in Albuquerque. Almost all building of Albuquerque were made by Adobe. It's really different between Spokane to Albuquerque. I felt like I was in a foreign country that's why I really liked that. Turquoise is famous in Southwest, so I often saw turquoise blue window flame on the Adobe buildings. Then, I went to Acoma Pueblo. Acoma Pueblo is Native American Pueblo about 60 miles away from Albuquerque. Some Native Americans are still living in there now. I was really surprised about that. They were selling a traditional pottery and food. These building were so historical, traditional and interesting for me.

In the end, I had a good experience at the Grand Canyon, and I ate a ton of Southwest food and I was really impressed by the atmosphere of the adobe buildings. I was able to learn a lot of things through this trip and We could speak English a lot with friends and teachers. I will never forget this trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig