Skip to main content

My Wonderful Portland Trip

Did you know that Portland is number one in the ranking of American towns that Japanese people want to live in. I went on the Portland trip which was from November  9th to November 12th with extension students. We went to Portland, Oregon by a bus. There were three places that I enjoyed most on the Portland trip Each place was really stylish and I took photographs of architecture. Moreover, Portland is tax free. It was very great. There were three fantastic places that I enjoyed most on the Portland trip with my friends.


Wodeful City View
First of all, visiting Pioneer Courthouse Square was really fun. The building had a stylish exterior and it sold many products. I bought many good things.  For example, clothes and cosmetics. This shopping mall is very huge and wide and it sells many things. So I had an awesome time the whole day and I found many good things. My favorite stores were in the Square. There was the chocolate shop in Pioneer Courthouse Square. This shop had many kinds of chocolate and many good things for souvenirs. I tried one. It was very delicious. It also looked perfect. I want to eat again. There was also SEPHORA. There were many more kinds of cosmetics in the Portland Sephora store than in the downtown mall in Spokane. So I couldn't choose what I should buy. It was a really good memory.



Awesome Basketball Teams
Secondly, I had a great time at the basketball game on November 11th. It was a close battle from the beginning to the end. The men’s basketball teams playing were the University of Portland vs the Portland State University. So there was very strong power and this game attracted many people. Both teams were very strong so I couldn't move my eyes. I especially liked to watch the sport game, so my eyes were also riveted on the game. I had a great experience. I want to back if I can go there again.

Delicious Voodoo Doughnut

Thirdly, Voodoo Doughnuts had extremely delicious doughnuts. This shop has many kinds of chocolates and doughnuts and many good things for souvenirs. I tried a doughnut. My favorite was the Old Dirty Bastard. It was a delicious raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter. Everything seemed delicious so I wanted to try everything. I was surprised that many people waited in the long line at the front of the shop to buy the donuts during the rainy day. I waited to buy about over 30 minutes. Compared with other donut shops, this shop's donuts were very cute and the interior was also awesome on the inside of the shop. This donut shop was the best.


In summary, my experience at Portland had many fantastic experiences. Everything and every location attracted me so much, such as the architecture, shopping mall, basketball and Voodoo Doughnuts. I had a lot of fantastic experiences with my friends and learned many things from this trip. I hope I could go again to Portland. Additionally, this trip was one of my best memories in my life. I won't forget it ever.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig