Skip to main content

My Fantastic Portland Trip

I really enjoyed learning and shopping in Pasco and Oregon. I traveled by bus to Portland from November 9 to 12 with Extension students who are studying abroad together for 4 months. It took about 7 hours to get there. This drive was the longest hours for me and the last trip in this semester. I was quit looking forward to going in there. One of the reasons I enjoyed the trip is that Portland is urban city. There were three things that I enjoyed most on the trip.

wonderful students at Columbia Basin College

First of all, I really enjoyed visiting the Columbia Basin College in Pasco. I participated in Japanese class and taught the students about Japan. There are pretty people who are studying Japanese more than I expected. My partner was very interested in Japan. I taught her how to make  craft and kabuto which is a Japanese traditional hat. It was especially difficult to teach her the craft because it took a long time to finish completely.  I had problems with difficult words although she knew some words. In addition, she already knew how to make origami so I was totally happy to teach it to her. We talked for 2 hours although I felt like it was only 30 minutes. She highly liked Kabuto because it expresses the Japanese and looks cool definitely. I was happy to share with the students about Japanese culture.

amazingly perfect games


Second, the basketball game at the University of Portland was highly amazing. One of my hobbies is to watch basketball games. It was the pilots versus the Vikings. There were many people in the arena. It was more exciting than ever before. This game was men’s basketball so it was a powerful and compelling game. Almost all of the men are definitely tall so I felt especially excited when they scored a goal. The home team was continuing one point behind the visiting team and It was the end of the game. Each team had strong points. The home team’s strong point was free shooting. On the other hand, the visiting team’s defense is perfectly strong. However, the home team blew a lead and list the last minute. The basketball game was very close, 75-79. I enjoyed their game a lot. It was fantastic and awesome time.


Finally, Uwajimaya in Portland was amazingly marvelous. At this store that we could buy Japanese items such as snacks, seasonal food, meals, and cup noodles. The size is like half of Costco. This was our first trip to go a place with ramen noodles because they just opened from this year. We are lucky people. When I ate ramen noodles, I was extremely moved since the taste reproduces the real tastes of Japan. The noodles were not so expensive. The prices were reasonable. I also had a chance to talk with Japanese people. They came from Aomori which is located in the northern part of Japan’s main island of Honshu. I was glad that I could communicate with them. I couldn’t wait to buy Japanese food although the staff also fascinated me and I bought only many green tea snacks. This memory makes me smile.


To sum up, Portland has many enjoyable places such as great Columbia Basin College, exciting basketball game, and significant Uwajimaya. I could get good experience every single day. I think Portland is a good place to live comfortably for Japanese. I will visit there one more time absolutely. This was an unforgettable experience.



Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c