Skip to main content

My Superb Southwest Trip

I had a wonderful time taking a trip to the Southwest by an airplane on October 9 to 15 with students who are studying abroad together for four months. I visited Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Arizona, and the Grand Canyon to learn about the history and culture of the Southwest. It was my first time to go to such an amazing area. I actually have visited this area before so I was looking forward to going there again. There were three things that I enjoyed most on the trip.
Beautiful Santa Fe
First of all, the Plaza in Santa Fe was fabulous. I spent 2 days in Santa Fe so I was able to look around at everything. One of my goals was to communicate with Native people from Santa Fe because I am studying English. Surprisingly, before I went on this trip, I had thought anyone could sell jewelry in this area.  Although, only Native American can sell it. It is very traditional. I talked with a man who sells a lot of gorgeous jewelry about history of turquoise and stone. He talked me using easy English so I enjoyed it. I actually have been to Santa Fe 2 years ago. I was able to open a different angle compared with 2 years ago. I could not buy anything before, but I was able to get souvenirs and was really satisfied with everything this time. The cost of the jewelry was not expensive but reasonable. I hope I go to Santa Fe again. 

Second, in Santa Fe. I especially enjoyed Georgia O'keeffe museum. It is not such a big museum.  I couldn't wait to go. My teacher taught us about her before going on the trip in there. I like Georgia O'keeffe art. We used an app and saw her picture. If there was something I didn't know, I could press the rewind button and stop. It was very useful. I mainly like her pelvis series, red with yellow in 1945 because it represents sky. The sky is blue or white for our image. However, she painted orange and yellow. I was amazingly surprised. I took notes, While the guide explained people in the tour. You can see her pencil trace. After the tour guide spoke, I checked her information quickly. I was able to find the information. I also got goosebumps. It was really great. I will not be able to have insight like her.  I felt Santa Fe is a historical and artistic city. 

imaginative Georgia O'keeffe art 
Third, the Grand Canyon was awesome canyon. When I arrived at there, I could not believe the situation.  I wondered if this was the real Grand Canyon. The area was extremely huge so I rode a bicycle for the first 5 hours with some friends. When I researched the Grand Canyon on the Internet, it said to use a bicycle is the best way. Moreover, one of my hobbies is riding a bicycle so I was looking forward to riding it. I was very glad because there is a lot of nature and beautiful views. We had planned to go to Yaki point which is the best place to view the whole Grand Canyon. It usually takes about 30 minutes. Although, we stopped by many spots and took about an hour. As I expected it was surprisingly beautiful. I took about 50 pictures. These pictures are incredibly magnificent as if seeing real pictures. I spent all day at the Grand Canyon so I was able to see the sunrise. I cannot express how huge and considerable the sunrise is. I understood very much why everyone said you should go.


Amazingly The Grand CanyonTo sum up, compared with others states, south west is completely different. This is the first time for me to go many countries for a weak. I felt like it was only 3 days. I had the best excellent experience ever in my life.  My highlight is mostly the Grand Canyon. I will visit there one more time absolutely. It still inspires me so I will never forget this awesome memory.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c