Skip to main content

The Fabulous Southwest Trip


I had a wonderful time with all the extension students during the Southwest trip! I experienced a lot of things that I had never done before, such as talking with New Mexico college students, watching the Balloon Festival, enjoying Santa Fe, and going to see the sunrise and sunset at the Grand canyon. I had the best memories though this trip. In addition, there were three fabulous memories that I enjoyed most on the trip.


Wonderful view at the Grand Canyon
Have you ever seen such a beautiful view? I visited this admirable place at the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is a wonderful place. We went there by bus to see the fabulous view. I couldn't go all over the Grand Canyon because it is huge and wide, but there were many bus stations so I went around the many stations. Everyplace has breathtaking and beautiful scenery. I tried to take pictures many times but each place was more beautiful when seen with the naked eye. So I imprinted these fabulous views in my mind. I was most surprised that the Grand Canyon is more deep and scary than I thought, because some locations don't have a protective rail and have sand and stones a lot on the ground. So I thought I was sliding down. I was so happy to go to the Grand Canyon.



I love 2.jpg
Fabulous architecture at Santa Fe


Second, Santa Fe had gorgeous
architecture and many fabulous sightseeing places and shops. Santa Fe's architecture is very stylish, so it is a picturesque place. I had a great time chatting with people and eating lunch with my friends at a great restaurant. This restaurant is recommended by excellent trip advisers. Moreover, this restaurant is on the second floor and has terrace tables. I thought that I was able to overlook the city during lunch so I wanted to sit down at an outside table. But it was full so I sat down inside the restaurant. I ordered a hamburger which was delicious. Because the food was delicious, I went to this restaurant again for dinner.



I love 3.jpg

Amazing the Ballon Festiva
Third, I want to share about the Balloon Festival because I was deeply moved by it. I have never seen a festival like this, so It touched my heart. I woke up at 4a.m.  The early morning sky was very beautiful because there were many bright stars. Furthermore, when they blew up the balloons, it was also beautiful because they used fire to blow up the balloons. Many people gathered at one place. There was a Coca Cola balloon. The Coca Cola staff wore costumes like clown's clothes. I had a fabulous experience at the balloon festival seeing the beautiful and large balloons.


To sum up, I made many fabulous memories with my friends and my teachers on the Southwest trip. The reason why I enjoyed the trip was because almost all these experiences were a first time for me. For example I went to see the Grand Canyon. Moreover I learned about the traditions and cultures in Santa Fe and I was able to see the Balloon Festival. I will never forget this trip! Additionally, I spent valuable time on the Southwest trip, and I would like to go there again, someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig