Skip to main content

Great Experiences of Portland Trip

I had wonderful times with all extension student in Portland. In four days, I experienced a lot of things that I had never been before, such as talking with Columbia Basin College students, buying the items which made by people in Portland and enjoying at the huge bookstore. In these places, I learned a lot of new information and found amazing places in Portland.There were three places on the trip that impressed me most.
A great picture with students at the Columbia Basin College
First of all, I enjoyed talking with students in Columbia Basin College. My partner was a man who is 23 years old, and he can speak English, Spanish, French and Japanese. I was really surprised at his numbers of speaking languages. At first, I taught him how to make a paper crane. It was a little difficult for me to teach in English, but he was good at making it, so I could teach it. After, he gave me a bookmark which written his words. He thought about a long times, he made “haiku”. It’s like short poem. He also wrote a pictures with haiku. I was really impressed his haiku, and I was very glad to get the bookmark. After this activity, I introduced “Okinawa”. It’s my presentation topic. It was very difficult to explain about Okinawa, and also he sometimes looked misunderstanding. I thought that practice was very important, and I have to practice more. Therefore, visiting the Columbia Basin College was a great opportunity for me, and talking with students were really fun.
the lovely shop, the Voodoo doughnuts
Next, I felt that the Saturday Market was a fabulous place. There were unique shops that sold hand-made items in Oregon. I really enjoyed doing just window-shopping. However I found great items there. They were a passport case and a card case. They were very unique, because one of them was made of a picture book and the other was made of a magazine. These pictures were so cute, and I had never seen them before. After buying cute items, I went to buy the Voodoo doughnuts. The store was so popular, so I waited to buy doughnuts for about 50 minutes. I really like doughnuts since I was a little child, so I wanted to eat them! The doughnuts were so big, but I are two doughnuts easily. They were very yummy, so I was very happy. Therefore, I enjoyed spending times at Saturday Market, and I would like to go there again.
Amazing the Powell's bookstore
Finally, visiting the Powell’s bookstore was a precious memory for me. There were very lovely stationeries in the bookstore. I love to look for them, so I really enjoyed very much. However there was a huge bookstore that I had never seen before, so I looked for my favorite items for a long times, and couldn’t decide items I wanted to buy. Finally, I found the travel journal notebooks, and I liked the designs, so I bought them. I would like to write journal about some trips that I have experienced. I thought that if my house were near the Powell’s bookstore, I would like to go there every week. It might be not get tired of looking for books and items. Therefore, there were a lot of books and items and I could find the pretty journal notebooks, so it gave me a great pleasure.
To sum up, the Portland trip was exciting trip. The reason why I was excited, I enjoyed talking with a student at Columbia Basin College, and it was so interesting for me. In addition, the items which I could get in Portland were special. The hand-made items were so pretty, and I will never forget to visit such a huge bookstore! Therefore, I could spend valuable times in Portland, and I would like to go there again, someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c