Skip to main content
Fantastic and Beautiful Southwest Trip




              What do you think people can do in the Southwest? In the Southwest Trip, we can know about learn about the architecture, Pueblo society, see the Grand Canyon, and so on. That’s to say, the Southwest trip can many experiences.


              First of all, Santa Fe is one of my five memories. I went to Santa Fe and stayed about two days. Santa Fe was a very beautiful city, and also food was so delicious. Extension students went on tour of downtown Santa Fe, for example, we went to Mission San Miguel, Loretto Chapel, St. Francis Cathedral, and so on. My Pecha Kucha Southwest topic was Loretto Chapel, so I was impressed by the miraculous staircase when I saw it. 





              Second, I went to Acoma Pueblo, and I saw many houses on the cliff. The scenery from the cliff’s top was so amazing and wonderful, but I thought this life is little difficult to go shopping or school. Acoma Pueblo’s church was treated closely by Acoma Pueblo’s Native Americans. I strongly felt Acoma Pueblo is a holy place. 





Third, I saw the sunrise from the Grand Canyon and the sunrise was so beautiful. On October 15, my group members and I went to Hopi Point to see the sunrise. We felt very cold until rising the sun. Finally, we could see the sunrise at 6:37. I have never seen the moment of rising sun, so I was very impressed! The sunrise from the Grand Canyon was so beautiful!!






              Fourth, my group members and I rode bicycles and did cycling at the Grand Canyon National Park. The cycling was very fantastic, because we could see many different Grand Canyon’s scenes. We thought we couldn’t go to Yabapai Point, because we had to return bicycles, but we lost our way, and then we reached Yabapai Point! We were very surprised and become happily!






              Fifth, on the way to cycling, we did picnic outside. Before riding the bicycle, we bought lunch food at the Grand Canyon market. The lunch was so delicious and our talking was very fun! We said “Today is the BEST DAY EVER!”



              To sum up, I experienced a lot of things on the Southwest trip. I could know about Native American life, and also I could cultivate my group relationship! I will not forget these memories forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig