Skip to main content

Unforgettable Southwest Culture Memories



On the Southwest trip, my most favorite experiences are visiting wonderful Acoma Pueblo, the San Miguel chapel, Grand Canyon and eating many great Mexican food and going to these places with my best friends.


          The premium Acoma Pueblo is one of my favorite and memorable places. Before I went to Acoma Pueblo, I was looking forward to going there because the people are wonderful and so is the culture so I wanted to come in touch with a different culture. I wore sunglasses when I went there because the place was very bright and felt as if my body was going to melt because of the heat. My friend said you should take off the sunglasses, so I removed them. As a result, I could see the beautiful scenery and I felt like my existence was an insignificant blip in the world. I’ll never forget Acoma Pueblo’s mystical, magnificent and beautiful view.


          This is one of my favorite view at the lovely Grand Canyon. I have never seen such a colorful, beautiful and magnificent view that I couldn’t express my feeling when I saw that night view. I came into contact with the natural beauty and the power of nature. The dark blue, bright orange and blue sky expanded indefinitely so I thought if I were a bird, I would be able to see more of the beautiful scenery. Therefore, I watched the birds enviously. I was very happy and glad to see the nature and all its loveliness.



          This is the San Miguel chapel that has many incredible, talismanic and miracle stories. There is a beautiful spiral staircase but no one knows who made this staircase. People say the staircase is a miracle, but I couldn’t believe that because people hide the truth. However, in fact, this beautiful spiral staircase is wrapped in mystery architecturally. I can’t say anymore because many people studied this staircase but they couldn’t find the true answer about the miraculous and mysterious spiral staircase. I was very interested in the unsolvable puzzle so I want to go there again and find the correct answer to the mystery.


          This is a wonderful food tortilla which is my first experience to eat the tortilla. It is traditional Mexican dishe. During the Southwest trip, I ate tortilla almost every day because I was crazy about tortillas. I especially liked the tortilla wrap. I ate tortilla so often but I never got tired of eating tortilla. I think tortilla is great food because of the many different main ingredients you can use, and if I put a lot of vegetable in it, tortilla becomes a healthy food and I’ll get full. I love tortilla, but it can be hard to eat. Tortilla can make my hand dirty, but it is a substantial meal, doesn’t get boring, and a wholesome food. Tortilla is a perfect food.


          This picture is the best picture. At first, we didn’t know each other very well but we have a great relationship. Everyone always tries as hard as they can and there is never any problems so I respect my group members. I can get enthusiastic from everyone and I’m stimulated by my group members. Moreover, I always learn something from my group members that I didn’t know. This picture shows my group members’ unity and good friendship so I like this picture.

         I was really happy to go those amazing and terrific beautiful places with my friends, eating delicious Mexican food. I’d like to go to Southwest trip again.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c