Skip to main content

My Wonderful Southwest Trip

I had wonderful southwest trip. I was impressed by many places, such as Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, Acoma, Pueblo and so on. I could learn many things about histories of New Mexico and Arizona. I was not interesting to these histories at first but now my mind changed completely after I went there. These histories excited me because these cultures were very different between northwest and southwest. Its trip became special memory for me. There were three places that were most interesting to me.


My Great Native American Friends
At first, Acoma school excited me. It is kind of school for Native American, so there were many Native American students in there and then its school have various grades from about 9 to 17 years old. It was in middle of desert, so there are not any other building around the school. I ate lunch with its students. Their English was very difficult to understand. They also couldn’t understand our English well, so it was difficult to communicate with them. Their first language is not English. They are also learning English. Nevertheless, they can speak English fluently. I thought it was amazing. By the way, they live in dormitory of the school. Then, they often go to their grandmother and father’s house in weekend because there are not any other place in there. When they go shopping or hung out with their friend, they go to Santa Fe next to Acoma. I thought it’s very hardship and it’s difficult to live in there. I was surprised because most of them want to leave from Acoma in the future. Also, they have never been to foreign country. I could learn many things by talking with them. After that, we did school tour. I was surprised because there are some people who wear military clothes. Its school has a curriculum of military. I was really interested in Acoma school.


 Fascinating The Restaurant
Second, Black Bart’s Steak House was amazing restaurant. I really wanted to go to the restaurant such a having performance. I often watched such a restaurant at American drama, so I was so happy that I could go there for the first time. All performances were amazing than I had expected. All of the staff can sing very well, so I was surprised by their performances. I enjoyed it during eating. Also, I thought I really want to work in there. I’m not good at singing but I thought they seemed fun to work in there. It became a special memory for me.



Amazing The Grand Canyon
Finally, the Grand Canyon is the best World Heritage I have ever been. The scenery was so beautiful I can’t express it with words. When I saw it, as if the time seemed to stop for a while. I thought again that the earth is such a huge. The next day, we had a free time, so I was really looking forward to seeing the sunrise in the Grand Canyon. Unfortunately, I overslept about one hour but I prepare to go outside quickly that’s why I could see the sunrise. Also, I have never seen such a beautiful sunrise and sunset. Then, I really like the time what I wait for sunrise. I knew it was so fast the time what the sun moves. At the time, it was so cold in there but it was getting hot when the sunrise came. I enjoyed to the full to see the Grand Canyon. It is my best memory that I could go there.


To sum up, I had many wonderful experiences in this trip. Also, I bought many historical things for my family and cousin. I’m so happy I could have such an amazing trip. I want to go to the Grand Canyon again in the future.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c