Skip to main content

My memorable Southwest Trip

The trip became my precious memory for me, because there were beautiful natures and different cultures in the Southwest. I didn't know well about New Mexico at first before the trip, and I knew about only Grand Canyon. However, I went to many places such as Santa Fe, Grand canyon, the high school and the University in New Mexico. I talked with the local people and talking with students who live in New Mexico. Therefore, I could feel different cultures and could learn a lot of things about New Mexico. In addition, there were many unique items such as turquoise necklaces and bracelets, so I could enjoy shopping and could buy souvenirs for my family. For these reasons, I want to introduce about my 3 great experiences in this trip.

 The first of my view at Grand Canyon
First of all, my best place of the trip was Grand Canyon, because I enjoyed to see the views of Grand Canyon, which was too beautiful to put into words. I thought that I saw just like a beautiful picture and I couldn’t believe the views of in front of me. I could see both of sunrise and sunset at Hopi point. There is the nicest place to see sunset and sunrise. I had a camera, so I could take many wonderful pictures there. However, the pictures were nice, but the view which I could see with my eyes were more specially than the pictures. I will never have forgot the view of Grand canyon, and I would like to go there again. If I went there again, I would ride on bicycle or would like to driving. In addition I bought necklace for me. It is a rare necklace which designed a beautiful view of the Grand Canyon. I was really pleased with buying it. And also, I bought some souvenirs for my family and aunt. These are the postcard and the wall calendar. These designs photographed the views of Grand Canyon. I’m looking forward to give them to my family and aunt. Therefore, I was really enjoyed a free day of the Grand Canyon and I will never forgot the beautiful views of Grand Canyon.

a nice city, Santa Fe 
Second, I enjoyed shopping downtown in Santa Fe and Arizona. We had a lot of times for shopping at Santa Fe. I wanted to buy a necklace for my mother, and to buy a bracelet for my father. There were a lot of turquoise necklaces in Santa Fe. I couldn’t choose it of all, but a woman who sold these necklaces chose it with me. At last, I could get the best necklace for my mother. Including the woman, the people who sold the necklaces, bracelets and rings were very kind. I enjoyed talking with them. I could buy the bracelets for my father in Arizona. I couldn’t buy it until the last day, so I was happy when I found it. I’m really looking forward to giving them for my parents when I will come back my home. Therefore, the items of turquoise were great and I enjoyed talking the clerks who bought goods.

cafeteria of a university in New Mexico
Finally, it was interesting for me to talk with students in New mexico. I went to a university in New Mexico. They was a good opportunity to talk with local students in New Mexico. I talked a man who likes Japanese anime.  I was surprised that Japanese anime is popular among students in New Mexico. He knew about Japanese anime more than us. In addition, he had lived in Okinawa for 5 years since he was born, so I asked to him about his favorite things in Okinawa. I thought that his answer was sea, but his answer was mountains. I was surprised, and interested it. I enjoyed talking with him. Therefore, talking with the local students are impressive for me, because I could know about students who live in New Mexico, and could know a lot of information of them.

To sum up, we studied a lot about New Mexico in this trip, and they were very interesting for me. The Grand Canyon were magnificent, so I had the honor to have seen it. The experience was very precious and I was given a lot of energies from it. Therefore I would like to see it again in the future. The shopping in New Mexico was fun and I could buy things which I wanted to buy there. There were a lot of jewelries, so I could not decide souvenirs for my parents, but I also enjoyed shopping during I looked for them. I hope that my parents will be pleased them. I also enjoyed to talk with people in New Mexico. I had times to talk with students in New Mexico. It was interesting talk for me, and I thought that I like to know new cultures and want to know more. Therefore, the southwest trip taught me many things and I would like to know places where I doesn’t know well more.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c