Skip to main content

Amazing Spokane Fair


I was surprised when I went to the Spokane Country Fair this week, because there were a lot of differences to fairs or festivals in Japan. It was the wonderful time. I enjoyed crazy rides, delicious foods, and window shopping.

First of all, the rides were really crazy. I described they are crazy, because I was really scared riding them. There were a lot of rides. For example, roller coasters, Viking, and so on. We don’t have Carnival Rides in Japan, so I couldn’t believe that they moved so quickly from place to place. Almost all the rides were scary rides, but I was fine. However only one ride made me scared and I felt bad. I forgot that ride’s name, because I didn’t have inner reserves to notice that name. I entered the small box with my friend. Suddenly the box turned round and round and shook and shook and shook...I can’t describe it correctly, but my friend just said “It was violent.” I injured my back. In Japan I have never seen such a crazy ride and I never want to ride that again.

Second, I ate a lot of delicious and unexpected foods. I was surprised, because we don’t have such international food shops at Japanese festivals. I saw a lot of shops that sold pizza, hamburger, roasted corn, kebabs, elephant ears, pasta, tortilla etc. I ate a roasted corn and a pumpkin donut. The roasted corn was really sweet and delicious. My friends ate big hamburgers. Although I regret a little that I didn’t eat elephant ears, because we don’t have that in Japan. If I have a chance to eat elephant ears in the USA, I want to try them the next time. We enjoyed the food very much.

Third, I saw a lot of different shops that sold various things. Some shops sold traditional clothes, some shops sold appliances and some shops sold toys. There was no unity, but that the chaotic atmosphere made me excited. I didn’t buy anything, but I enjoyed window shopping. Some clerks spoken to us and we also enjoyed talking with them. It was a good experience for me to talk with people who are not related to MFWI. All of these shops were really interesting.

There were a lot of surprising things at the fair and I was exhausted after coming back to the dorm. I enjoyed this Country Fair very much. All people laughed and I also laughed a lot. I want to go to Country Fair again, but hopefully the weekend is better.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig