Skip to main content

Marvelously Special occasion

Last week, the extension students visited New Mexico and Arizona. They are located in the Southwest. Arizona is the state where aboriginal people live most in. New Mexico has an ancient trail through it. The two states are very historic. During this trip, I had a splendid experience. There were three things I was deeply impressed with by this trip.
 
enjoyable trip
First of all, I learned tons of information in Acoma Pueblo. It is called Sky City because it is located in a high place. The landscape from top of Sky City was fabulous. The most surprising thing is that some aboriginal people still live in New Mexico. In Sky City, I saw many accessories and potteries which were handmade. The quality was so high. It made me imagine that it took a long time to make them. Also, I saw a horno. Horno is Spanish. It means oven. When I saw it, I could imagine easily that ancient people used it. The oven was preserved at that time. When I saw it, I felt a long history of this area. The most unbelievable thing is that Native Americans believe that a camera take their soul away. In Japan, a long time ago people also believed it. But it was the story from the Edo era. We were warned strongly by our teachers “You have to ask Native American if you can you can take a picture or not!” I had never seen such people, so they attracted my interest. All of things was my first time, so it's going to be memorable.
 
Next, I really enjoyed in Santa Fe. The shopping was wonderful! There were many turquoises. They were more expensive than I expected, so I couldn’t buy anything. But just looking gave me enjoyment. Then, I spoke to one merchant. He asked me “What does “A~Mo~mean”? Some Japanese say that, but I can’t understand.” I taught him that it is like “Wow”. He understood me and told me “The sound is so beautiful. I like it!!” I was astonished. I was glad that the words that I usually use casually made him happy. In addition to it, I was glad to speak to him. Most merchants were friendly to me. I like Santa Fe because the people are cheerfully  kind as well as there are many lovely goods. I wanted to spend more time in Santa Fe.
 
enormous landscape
Finally, I had a miraculous time at the Grand Canyon!! Visiting the Grand Canyon had been my dream since I was 9 years old, so my highlight in this trip of course was the Grand Canyon. I spent the entre day at the Grand Canyon. Everything was amazing. First, I saw the sunrise. The cliff which radiated by the sun was wonderful. I can’t explain. Words failed me. I couldn’t believe I was in the Grand Canyon. After gazing the sunrise, I went hiking. It was also completely delightful. While hiking, I tried to speak to some Americans. It was difficult to convey my thinking because of my bad pronunciation, but it was so much fun. I met some Japanese and spoke to them a little. If I were in Japan, I wouldn’t speak to someone while hiking because I am shy. I don’t know why but I could speak to some people in the Grand Canyon! The Grand Canyon made me active. I thought that a-once-in-a-lifetime change is important. At noon, I ate buffalo meat. It was my first time to eat it. I didn’t know buffalo was eaten. The taste was like a high-ranking sausage. I was satisfied with eating buffalo. The most interesting thing which I had been looking forward to was the sunset. Unfortunately, the sun was hidden by the clouds, so I couldn’t see a perfect sunset. However, it was wonderful. I saw it on the big rock while listening to music and eating snack. The time was fascinating to me. My heart was fulfilled with the Grand Canyon. In the end, I saw tons of stars. It was like a planetarium. I had never seen so many stars. The sky in Arizona was a moving sight. Throughout the whole day, I decided a certain thing. I’ll take my family to the Grand Canyon. This is my next dream!

As you can see, I had an unexpected tour. This trip became my treasure in my life. I appreciate my parents giving me the opportunity to go to Southwest. They are marvelously terrific. I’ll never forget this stunning experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig