Skip to main content

Exhilarating opportunity


I have had a lot of substantial opportunities this semester. It has been one month since I came here. I have had two exciting opportunities happen so far.

exciting opportunity
First, I could have more elevated feeling by going to Washington State University. On Tuesday, September 25th, I visited WSU and participated in a ESL student class. Every student in the class studies English as a second language, so they are same as me. I talked with four ESL students who are from China, Taiwan, and Saudi Arabia. It has not been one year since they came to America, so almost all of them have been here just months. Then, I felt that conversation is difficult again. When I talk with my RA and teachers, they can understand what I want to say, because English is the first language for them. However, when I talked with these students at WSU, it was extremely difficult to understand each other. For example, when I said something, they didn't know I had to explain or use an easier ward. Also, when I couldn't understand their English word, they explained that word for me. Most difficult things were pronunciation. MFWI teachers often say “Don’t talk Japanese English”. I could understand this meaning more and more now. Each country has dissimilar pronunciation, so comprehension is sometime problematic for me. However this opportunity stimulated me to study English. ESL students gave me high motivation. If I can meet them again, I want to talk fluently with them. Also, I reaffirmed that I am always helped by native speakers when I talk with them. After this opportunity, I thought that I want to study English more and more, so this is uplifting things for me.

my funny pen-pal
Second, I was exhilarated when I went to a high school. On Thursday, October 4th, I met my pen-pal who is studying Japanese. Before I entered to the school, I was surprised at the building. I couldn't believe that this was high school, because Japanese high school are't big like that building. Inside also everything was big. After I walked a little bit, I could see some students who were studying Japanese and met my pen-pal. His name is Joe. He was so funny, so I enjoyed talking with him. For example, the ward "heaven" means "Tenjou" in Japanese. The pronunciation is like the number "Ten" and "Joe" which is his name, so he said "10joe!!" In our conversation, I knew that he was interesting about Japanese. I didn't know that these high school students were so interesting in Japan, so I was joyful, and I thought that I have to know more about Japan as Japanese. Also, I had never visited to a high school in America, so everything was very interesting for me, so everything was very exciting for me.

I may have more a lot of stimulating opportunity, so I want to have good experiencing with each one. Also, I want to have good relationship with everyone who I meet. With that I want to improve my English skill for talking and have an enjoyable time with people.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig