Skip to main content

Brilliant Trip


Brilliant Southwest Trip
South west of America was really valuable place to me. I could have a lot of opportunity to learn many things through the South West Trip. I was fascinated by everything there and many things told us many tradition and culture. I could see many people and art, hear different language and feel nature. Now, these experiences became my educational benefits.
If I didn’t go on this trip, I would never know about the Native Americans, such as their symbol, modern life and food. I could go many places which relate to Native Americans. First, I learned many symbol of Pueblo people at the museum. There are many potteries in each museum. Every guide explained about them so I realized that how important to Indians the potteries are. The potteries are symbolic of the insects. They symbolize water. Water is very important to Pueblo people so the place where the insects are gathering means that is near the water source. Second, when I went to the Acoma Pueblo, I saw the modern life of the Pueblo people. I saw a few cars there, so I thought many people changed Indian life style to modern life style. However, they still make many potteries by themselves and bread from the corn. They are totally same as I heard from my teacher about Pueblo Indians’ life. Finally, I could eat the Indian’s traditional food on this trip. I ate Navajo fried bread in the restaurant and high school. It was made from corns. I have never eaten the bread which made from corns. However, taste was same as wheat bread. I was surprised at it. I didn’t expect I could eat real Indian’s food there so I think this is amazing experience to me. I had many opportunities to know about the Indians on this trip. Actually, I could learn many things about Indians. I was always amazed by the information of it and what I saw there. They are unforgettable experience to me.
During the South West trip, I knew that how important to us the language is. I heard many languages and communicated with many people from different country. First, when I went to Acoma Pueblo, I saw a few people who were talking in their own language. They mostly talked in English but sometime they spoke their language. When they talked in their language, I couldn’t understand at all but I was very enjoyed hearing it because I have never heard it so I was very interested in it. I could feel their tradition from their language. Second, when I was in the shop, one of the women talked to me. She told me that she is Japanese and she is on trip there alone. However, she couldn’t speak English at all so I helped her to ask owner her question. After that, she appreciated to me. I was also glad because people who can understand Japanese are only students in MFWI. I have no opportunity to talk other people in Japanese. Therefore, I enjoyed talking with her very much and at the same time, I feel the importance of the first language. Finally, at Grand Canyon, I saw French. My teacher recommended me to talk with them. At first, I was afraid of talking, because my French is terrible. I said greeting and introduced myself. They tried to understand and ask me many questions. At last, I really enjoyed talking with them. Next day in Grand Canyon, I also saw many foreigner and they were very friendly. Many people said to me the greeting. At the beginning of talking, I was also nervous but I challenged to communicate. Then I realize language skill is very significant to communicate with foreigners. The level of skill doesn’t matter to talk. If I know the minimum speaking skill in other languages and have courage, I think people can enjoy talking with everyone. In the south west of America, many people from many countries travel there. The surrounding is totally different from the MFWI. Sometime, I was afraid to talk and communicate with people who speak in foreign language except English. In this situation, I could reconfirm that learning language is amazing and the first language is valuable to us. 
Landscape tells us many things and has big power. South west of America was covered with wonderful landscape. There are huge and beautiful scenery which I have never seen before. First, when I went to the Sunset Crater, I touched many landscape.  Everything was new to me. Each place is different, such as trees, color of dirt and size of rocks. Some places are not developed because of the sun. I was aware that the importance of clime to the nature. I was felt the flowing of time by comparing each place in the Sunset Crater. Second, the landscape in Grand Canyon is the best in my life. I was very surprised at the size. The canyon’s color was different from each place also these are changed by the sunshine. I could touch the oldest rock in the Grand Canyon. I was impressed and felt the importance of the nature. The scenery of the sunset and sunrise in Grand Canyon was so amazing. My friends and I went to see and we talked about deep topic, such as our future and our goal. We gazed myself and imagined our future. I felt that I restarted this life when I saw the sunrise. Finally, I had no idea that how long the cactus can live. When I saw the a lot of cactus, I couldn’t believe the scenery in front of me. One of the cacti is living for 150 years. I was very surprised and it looks in the movie. I realized these are very important landscape for people who live in there because the cactus is one of the symbols of Arizona. I could touch and see a lot of landscape in south west of America. It is very precious experience in my life. Beautiful scenery makes us comfortable and move and also it makes us kind. When we stand in the huge landscape, we could feel happiness that we could be born in this earth.
Art shows us many things such as culture, people and nature. There are many arts in the south west of America. Santa Fe is the second artistic city and Grand Canyon was painted by many artists. First, we went to the museum of international folk art. There is a lot of kind of art. I went out to one of art. Actually, it is a toy but it is art to me. It shows the heaven and hell. In the heaven, there are many angels; however in the hell, there are many devils. It is very normal thing but it is too realistic. Therefore, after I saw it, I was thinking about the death. However, it was good for me because I realized that I should do anything whatever I want. It doesn’t relate to my study but I felt that my personality grow up again. Second, in Santa Fe, there is a museum of Georgia O’Keeffe. I have already known about her before I went there but I could learn about how great woman she is through her many paintings. All of the painting are very beautiful and has story which she experienced. Also, the guide showed us one of the pictures which O’Keeffe was in her car. She drove her car to see her husband from New Mexico to New York. I realized she was independent not only about painting but also in her life. I was very impressed and admired her. Finally, the Grand Canyon is also very artistic place. There is a gallery of the Grand Canyon paintings. These pictures are painted from many angles and seasons. I could know other seasons in Grand Canyon through this gallery, also there are many kinds of animals on these pictures. I knew that how great environment in any seasons this place is. The arts can tell us anything and we can learn from them. I can remind the scenery and atmosphere even though I didn’t see it because I was always amazed by the arts in there.
I had two opportunities to see students in south west of America. These are totally different from not Japanese students and American students who I have seen. I could know educational system and big differences between school in Japan and in south west of America. First, I went to university of New Mexico. I saw many students who are studying Japanese. We can communicate in Japanese and English. I saw my partner’s Japanese text book. There are many formal Japanese which we can’t use in conversation with friends. I asked my partner “Is it helpful?” He answered “We use this text book for only test because Japanese don’t use these words every day, right?” He showed me his note. There are many Japanese and English in his note. All students learn Japanese by they let Japanese relate to English. He said, “It is best way to learn language and memorize” I was impressed because he looks very enjoy learning Japanese. Next, I also had opportunity to go high school near the Acoma Pueblo. We joined the class and communicate with students. I talked two students. Both of them live in the sky city. I was very surprised because I didn’t expect it. Actually, they didn’t know about Japan so I explained Japanese things as much as I can. I asked both of them about after school. Both of them said “I would never hang out with friends outside after school.” I was very surprised. After school, they sometime make potteries or study because they have special culture which they have to keep carrying on. I was very shocked because it is very different from Japanese students. I realized that each state and school has own style to learn. Every school find style that fit in the students. Also each country’s students are different. It may depend on culture and life style. However, all information from each student who I talk is totally new to me so it will be helpful to me.
As you can see, I went to many places and I could get a lot of educational benefit from each place. Sometime it doesn’t relate to study English and understand different culture. However, it will be able to help my future and make my personality grow up. I was thinking about many things to try to understand during this trip. I was given many great opportunities. I’m sure that these are valuable and educational benefit in my life.


Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig

My Valuable Southwest Trip

Last week, we took a trip to the Southwest for 7 days. This trip was an absolutely wonderful memory. I had never been to these areas so I was stimulated by every things, for example, cactus, adobe style buildings, Native American culture and amazing dessert views. It is one of the most interesting trips I ever took, because I experienced some rare things like visiting Grand Canyon, visiting high school and so on. On this trip I could understand about Indian culture from a folk art museum. I would like to introduce some my best memories on this Southwest trip. My first best memory is Georgia O’Keef museum. Actually, before this trip, I was not familiar with her and didn’t know about any of her artworks, but I was looking forward to visiting here because I like art museums. Her artworks were very unique, abstract and absolutely fabulous, and these were very fresh to me. I especially liked bone’s paintings which one of the most famous her artwork, because the color contrast is very c