Skip to main content

Enthusiastic Welcome!

The extension teachers prepared a very energetic party to welcome us last Wednesday. I was very relaxed when I met the teachers at first because I was a little nervous about coming back to MFWI again. I had been worried about having a lot of homework everyday, and we will also have to face with a lot of complicated barriers. However, when I met the teachers, they smiled a lot and welcomed us so kindly. How enthusiastic their welcome was!

First, we cooked well-known Mexican food, tacos. My work was cutting tofu with Arisa. We cut it and mixed it with spicy sauce. While cooking, there was a dense crowd in the kitchen similar to the busy restaurant. We really enjoyed talking in English. The smell of the cooking was very yummy the as a our cooking came close to the completion.

Next, while Jill finished final preparation, the others gathered in the living room and formed a circle to talk about their summer vacation and the extension program. All people's memories were fabulous. I especially envied that Barbara went to Italy!!!! And then, the teachers explained about extension program. I was still a little scared, but all teacher hope for our improvement of our English skill very well and experience novel or astonishing things. Yes I hope so, too. I thought I can't be negative, should be positive and try to enjoy everything as much as I can.

We had delighted time with chatting and eating tacos we cooked. I was very interested with the style of buffet when we chose what to put on the tacos paste. I could not choose easily. Moreover, there were several Mexican drinking which the teacher prepared. These were so curious in color, such as bright pink, green and deep brown. On the table I talked with Ron's daughter. I was so shocked with that she had lived in Nishinomiya when she was very young and she met a girl who was her friend at that time at MFWI last year. I can't believe it!! And also, I was very glad because it had been long time for me to talk with native.

After we finished marvelous dinner, we played some enjoyable games. Last one called " Monkey, monkey" was so crazy and it made my brain uncontrolled. Many of us were getting confused because people who lost cheated us so that we lost soon, too. We were more and more getting sweaty. We had to move our bodies very well on all of games, so at last I was very exhausted but it was so amusing. This event reminded me of that America is very free and fascinating place.

This energetic party gave me a confidence that I can do anything! I promise that I will not give up every time.

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable Southwest Trip

I went on a totally amazing Southwest trip with my classmates. The trip was my first time to go to the Southwest so everything was new to me. Sarah, Anikke and Bethany came with us. They made our trip more exciting. I’m happy I could go on this trip with them and I had a lot of great experiences. First, I really enjoyed New Mexico. It was chilly but not too cold. I went to the Old Town in  Albuquerque, New Mexico. I liked the Old Town because there are many cute things and good restaurants in there. For example, I found a gate that was decorated with a lot of red chili peppers. I had never seen anything like that before so I was very surprised and it looked like a lot of flowers from a distance. The red chili peppers were absolutely gorgeous. Not only that, I found a great restaurant. I forgot the name of the restaurant but they have really delicious Mexican food. They gave me some Mexican chips for free and recommended that I eat the chips with honey. I really like Mexican chip

My most Amazing Three Memories of the Southwest Trip

Last week, I went to the Southwest with all of the Extension students. Before the trip, we learned about history and culture of the Southwest in American west class. So I was looking forward to going on the Southwest trip. But I couldn’t imagine that I could get a lot of memories and experiences on this trip. During this time, we went to New Mexico and Arizona. In New Mexico, I went to Santa Fe and New Mexico University. After that, I went to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Each place has different culture and geography. So I was really surprised and impressed by them. Finally, I got three most amazing memories of the Southwest Trip. First, one of my most amazing memories of South West Trip was downtown in Santa Fe. First of all, I was really impressed by Adobe buildings. I had never seen Adobe buildings before and I thought their design was totally different design from Spokane. The color of the adobe was brown and some of the walls were turquoise blue. So there were a lot of com

Really Faburous Southwest Trip

I had an absolutely amazing experience on the Southwest trip in mid-October. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city areas, delicious food and performances, and culture. I spent a lot of wonderful time with my friends and teachers in Santa Fe, Black Bart’s Restaurant and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed a good deal of beautiful scenery of nature and city, delicious food and performance, and culture. First, my one of impressive places was Santa Fe Plaza. There were brown houses and buildings made of adobe, and the doors and window frames and decorations were colorful. I like passionate red and turquoise blue color because these colors match the adobe brown color. Also, there were many gift shops in the Plaza, and we could find a lot of native Americans gifts such as dream catchers, pottery, fabrics, unique fashion accessories, dishes, and traditional clothes. I bought a dreamcatcher, some pretty earrings, a ring, and postcards, so I was very happy. It rained at nig